Welcome

It is the goal of the East Troy Geek Squad to bring forth the capabilities of technology and present them in a manageable, clear, and understandable way. We do understand that sometimes it may seem like the confusion, hassle, quirks, and even risks of using technology outweigh the benefits, but we're here to change that.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nifty Chrome Extentions

Today I will be showing all of you fine folks three Chrome Extensions that I though were very cool and useful. Here they are:

Grammar and Spell Checker by Ginger

Spelling is not my specialty.  Thus, I'm always in a constant search for ways to avoid those awkward moments when I make a silly mistake.  The Grammar and Spell Checker by Ginger under lines your misspelled words in green no matter what page you are typing on.  It's perfect for correct little mistakes in G-Mail without having to run the spell-checker.




TooManyTabs

I constantly have way too many tabs up.  Even after five or ten minutes of web browsing, I often have between twenty or thirty tabs open.  Having so many tabs open makes it near impossible to find the tab I'm looking for.  TooManyTabs puts all of my tabs into an easy to navigate, simple to use area.  It allows me to sort my tabs, close my tabs, and suspend my tabs.  Suspended tabs are tabs that you still want but not immediately   It prevents these pages from using extra memory that could be used to boost performance on your other pages.  TooManyTabs also saves your closed tabs making for easy retrieval after closing a tab you still needed.



Screen Capture (by Google)

This easy to use extension is very useful for doing blog posts (like I am doing now)  This is what I used for these screen shots.  It has customization short cuts that you can use to take various different types of screen captures.

1 comment:

  1. nice. I'm anxious to try TooManyTabs since I ALWAYS have TOO MANY TABS open. Thanks for the tip---

    ReplyDelete